Questions about building your website
Can you build me a website?
Yes. Drop me an email (email@example.com) and let me know what you’re looking for, and we’ll take it from there.
Do you update my site’s content?
When building websites from scratch, I typically build them so you have as much control over the content as possible. I will typically setup what you need to start out, then allow you to update it as you wish.
I have an existing website, can you update it for me?
Yes. What is involved can vary greatly, so send me the link to your website and let me know what you’re looking for. I’ll work out the scope of what’s involved, then we can discuss where to take it from there.
What is the typical process for building a website?
- An initial consultation and advice is free. This maybe over the phone or meeting in person. I can be flexible about times, so this can be out of normal working hours if required.
- Design made by a professional graphic designer (if required).
- An estimate of the amount of work involved for the project will be provided based on the available information and experience from past projects.
- I favour the approach of allowing early access to a demo version of the site to allow you to provide feedback and your users feedback before the site is polished. It also helps to get the content added early so I can assess it properly.
- I will continue development and action your feedback, updating the demo site until you are happy with everything.
- I make the site live.
How much will it cost?
Work will typically billed per hour for ongoing work, or I can agree a fixed price for a project. The cost will depend greatly on what your requirements are. I have put together some information about typical costs for building a WordPress site.
I’m on a limited budget; can you still build me a site?
Yes. If you’re flexible about your design and requirements, great savings can be made by tailoring existing themes and using “off the shelf” components to suit your needs.
Do you do design?
I can arrange for designs to be made, put you in contact directly with a graphic designer, or you can arrange your own design. I recommend using a professional designer to produce the best results, but if you’ve got some ideas of your own, or examples of other website you like, drop me a line and I’ll see what can be done.
What about hosting for my site?
I will discuss your hosting requirements and setup your site on an appropriate hosting. Typically this will be an arrangement between you and a hosting company.